This healthy protein cookie dough is an easy snack recipe to fuel you up and keep you full. This healthy recipe is made with raw, natural ingredients and filled with flavor and protein.
Ingredients for protein cookie dough:
- Dry gluten free oats (to create oat flour!)
- Nut butter (my favorite is cashew butter)
- Raw honey
- Protein powder
- Almond milk
- Vanilla and almond extract
- Dairy free chocolate chips (I like Enjoy Life!)
- Optional sprinkles!
Can you bake with protein powder?
Yes, you can definitely bake with protein powder! The recipe will need to have a balance of some other flour (regular, oat, almond, coconut etc) so it doesn’t taste really dry.
The good news is, this recipe doesn’t require any baking! It’s super easy to come together in minutes.
How many calories are in homemade cookie dough?
There’s about 200 calories in one serving of this protein cookie dough! Add more protein powder to get extra protein in yours, but the calories will also increase a bit.
How to make protein cookie dough:
It’s simple really. Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl, no baking required! I added a few extras like almond extract and dark chocolate chips to put the “fun” in funfetti.
I also added protein powder to this protein cookie dough, of course. You can use your favorite vanilla protein powder here. Or if you have cake batter protein you should totally use that. I bought it once from my gym and pretty much put it in everything for a few months.
If you don’t have it that’s totally fine. The vanilla protein and almond extract will give you the iconic cake batter taste in funfetti recipes. Everyone is loving my funfetti protein bars so I thought I would share another protein cookie dough with you.
How to eat protein cookie dough:
You can eat this protein cookie dough with a spoon (my fave way) or you can roll it into balls to make protein balls. OR you could roll it into tiny balls and add it to a protein shake to make a cookie dough protein shake.
If you love this recipe as much as I do, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram and tag me with @what_mollymade so I can see it and feature you.
More protein-filled recipes:
- Peanut butter protein bars
- Mocha protein smoothie bowl
- Dark chocolate coconut protein bars
- Snickerdoodle protein balls
- Healthy funfetti protein bars
Funfetti Protein Cookie DoughPRINT RECIPE PIN RECIPE
- 3 cups dry oats
- 1 cup creamy almond butter cashew butter also works well
- 4 tablespoons raw honey or maple syrup for vegan
- 2-3 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 1/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 tablespoons dairy free chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons sprinkles optional
- In the bowl of a food processor, add the rolled oats and blend on high 1-2 minutes until it turns into a flour-like texture.
- Add the creamy nut butter, honey, protein bowlder, almond milk, vanilla and almond extract. Blend on high for another minute until dough comes together and starts to pull away from the edges of the food processor.
- Add chocolate chips and sprinkles and combine using a rubber spatula. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to one week.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE!? SNAP A PIC AND TAG @WHAT_MOLLYMADE AND USE #WHATMOLLYMADE!
Here are a couple of items I used to make today’s recipe:
Ninja Mega Kitchen System, Vital Proteins Protein Powder, Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, Gluten, Dairy, Nut & Soy Free and Vegan, Mini Chips
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pays me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting What Molly Made!