Forget the complicated chicken curries; this curry chicken salad will take you 20 minutes max for preparation.
Chicken salad reminds me of my childhood. We used to eat it all the time for lunches and we love to make it for showers and parties with my family.
I wanted to make a twist on the classic with some of my favorite flavors and came up with this curry chicken salad that includes anti-inflammatory powerhouse, turmeric!
- Chicken breast: you can use a rotisserie chicken to save time or follow the directions to poach chicken breast and dice it.
- Mayonnaise: we love to use a paleo mayo (like Primal Kitchen) to keep the oils clean.
- Raisins: this ingredient goes so well with curry and adds sweetness and texture.
- Apples: they also add sweetness and a nice crunch!
- Cashews: a staple ingredient in curries that adds extra nutrients and crunch.
- Green onion and cilantro: they add some aromatics and freshness.
- Lime juice: this helps balance the dish with some acid.
- Salt and pepper
How to make curry chicken salad
- Prep the chicken: if you're using cooked chicken, like a rotisserie chicken, simply dice it into cubes before starting the recipe. You can also poach the chicken quickly then dice it. Another option is to use two forks to make shredded chicken.
- Mix: add the diced chicken and the rest of the ingredients to a large bowl and stir well until it's completely combined.
Prefer to watch instead of read?
Place any leftover curry chicken salad in an air tight container in the fridge for 3-5 days. It makes a great meal prep recipe because you can serve it cold with lunches!
How to serve this salad
- With a side of crackers (we love Simple Mills!)
- Chicken salad sandwich
- In a pita
- On a bed of lettuce like romaine or butter lettuce
If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. You can also tag me on Instagram so I can see it!
More chicken salad recipes
Curry Chicken Salad
- 3/4 cup paleo mayo
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Juice from 1/2 a lime
- 1 pound cooked and boneless skinless chicken breasts (or rotisserie chicken)
- 2 tablepsoons fresh chopped green onion
- 1 green apple cored and diced small
- 1/3 cup chopped cashews
- 2 ribs celery finely diced
- 1/3 cup raisins
- To top: scallions, chopped cashews, cilantro
- To serve: gluten free bread, whole wheat bread or lettuce wraps
- Add the paleo mayo, curry powder and lime juice to a large bowl and stir well to combine.
- Add the diced chicken, scallions, diced green apple, chopped cashews, celery and raisins and mix well until they're completely coated in the mayo mixture.
- Serve in lettuce wraps or on your favorite bread and top with cilantro and more cashews or scallions.