Say hello to the most delicious summer meal ever.
This summer in Ohio has been exceptionally rainy. I’m talking monsoons every other day. It’s like we picked up our entire state and moved to the Pacific Northwest. I think I’m having seasonal depression in the summer. Is that even a thing?
I remember when Chelsea and I were teeny boppers and it was like every single day was sunshine and rainbows. We spent 12 hours a day at the pool. That means, breakfast lunch and dinner were from the snack bar. Which meant lunch every day we ate the “Sunshine Salad.”
Just like the classic recipe from the pool, this Chicken Salad is so easy and delicious you could eat it every day for a year (okay maybe not an entire year) and never get sick of it. Hence why making a large batch on Sunday and eating it for lunch every day is a brilliant idea.
Curry Chicken Salad
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 scallions
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 green apple cored and chopped
- Juice from 1/2 a lime
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and bake chicken for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, place the egg yolk, lemon, mustard and salt in the blender or food processor.
- Blend on high for about ten seconds until well-combined.
- Remove the plug from the lid and SLOWLY pour the olive oil in the blender, about 5 minutes, until the mixture starts to emulsify.
- When the chicken is done, allow to cool and cut into large chunks.
- Mix together the chicken, mayo, apple, scallions, lime juice and curry powder.