This curry chicken salad is easy to make and makes a great lunch! You'll love the deep curry flavor paired with the sweet raisins and crunchy cashews.
This summer in Ohio has been exceptionally rainy. I’m talking monsoons every other day. It’s like we picked up our entire state and moved to the Pacific Northwest. I think I’m having seasonal depression in the summer. Is that even a thing?
I remember when Chelsea and I were teeny boppers and it was like every single day was sunshine and rainbows. We spent 12 hours a day at the pool. That means, breakfast lunch and dinner were from the snack bar. Which meant lunch every day we ate the “Sunshine Salad.”
Just like the classic recipe from the pool, this Chicken Salad is so easy and delicious you could eat it every day for a year (okay maybe not an entire year) and never get sick of it. Hence why making a large batch on Sunday and eating it for lunch every day is a brilliant idea.
Curry Chicken Salad
- 1 cup paleo mayo
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Juice from 1/2 a lime
- 1 pound cooked and boneless skinless chicken breasts (or rotisserie chicken)
- 2 scallions
- 1 green apple cored and diced
- 1/3 cup chopped cashews
- 2 ribs celery finely diced
- 1/3 cup raisins
- To top: scallions, chopped cashews, cilantro
- To serve: gluten free bread, whole wheat bread or lettuce wraps
- Add the paleo mayo, curry powder and lime juice to a large bowl and stir well to combine.
- Add the diced chicken, scallions, diced green apple, chopped cashews, celery and raisins and mix well until they're completely coated in the mayo mixture.
- Serve in lettuce wraps or on your favorite bread and top with cilantro and more cashews or scallions.