This homemade cheesy brown butter chex mix recipe is the perfect, flavorful mix for a snack. This easy snack recipe is made in the oven and bakes to perfection!Read this post to learn how to make chex mix.
Somehow I went to the grocery store to get the ingredients for this recipe and came home with only the ingredients. Did I need eggs and coffee creamer? Yup. Did I get those things? Nope. Just ingredients for this chex mix recipe!
I was just wayyy too excited to make this tasty chex mix recipe. And it ended up being a blessing in disguise. Because I “had” to eat this for every meal. Seriously, not mad about it at all. I feel like saying it was the only thing I had to eat is much more socially acceptable than telling everyone it’s what I ate on my own free will for an entire day.
Now this is my idea of meal prepping.
Did I mention it’s like the easiest thing ever to make? I needed a recipe I could take tailgating that was easy to munch on, easy to make and easy to transport. Because I LOVE Cheese Itz, I wanted a snack mix recipe where they were the star.
How to make chex mix:
To make this cheesy brown butter chex mix recipe, start by browning the butter. You’ll melt the butter down in a saucepan and continue cooking and stirring until brown bits start to form on the bottom. Once it’s done, set it aside.
Toss all of the ingredients together in a large bowl with the browned butter, ranch packed and parmesan cheese. Spread the mixture out evenly on a large baking sheet. Bake at 300°F for one hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
My only suggestion is to double the recipe. Especially if you want to share with friends. Make a huge batch, take it to ta tailgate or take it to a friends house for a party.
If you make this recipe, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram and tag me with @what_mollymade or #WhatMollyMade so I can see it and feature you!
More snack recipes:
Cheesy Brown Butter Chex MixPRINT RECIPE PIN RECIPE
- 6 cups rice chex cereal
- 3 cups pretzel sticks
- 3 cups cheez it crackers
- 1 cup oyster crackers
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1- 1 ounce package ranch seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the chex cereal, pretzels, Cheez Itz, oyster crackers in a large bowl and set aside.
- Heat a small saucepan over medium heat and add butter. Whisk constantly until the butter is boiling and small brown bits appear at the bottom of the pan (about 6 minutes). When this happens, remove from the heat immediately and pour into a separate bowl.
- Whisk in the parmesan seasoning. The mixture will get thicker at this points. Pour over bowl of mix and stir until combined, at least 5 minutes. To ensure it's all completely coated.
- Spread the mixture on a baking sheet and sprinkle with the parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for one hour, tossing every 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let it cool. Store in an air tight container for up to 5 days.