Peanut Butter Fat Bombs are a low carb, keto recipe. Make them in 5 minutes and keep them in the freezer all week for a snack on the go.
Made with healthy fats, these peanut butter fat bombs are the perfect snack recipe if you’re trying to incorporate more good fats into your diet. It’s also a great recipe for people who are following the ketogenic diet!
I don’t follow the keto diet myself but I’m always looking for ways to incorporate more healthy fats into my diet, especially when I’m being mindful of my carb intake. They’re a longer lasting energy so they help me stay more full longer and your cells in your body need these healthy fats to function properly.
Gone is the myth that eating a high fat diet will make you fat. These peanut butter fat bombs are a great addition to your diet, as long as you don’t over-do it (like any food or eating lifestyle!).
What Is A Fat Bomb?
A fat bomb is usually a combination of healthy fats, nuts or seeds and created to help people who eat a lower carb diet include more healthy fats into their diet.
Typically fat bombs are made in a mini-muffin tin (like this recipe) or rolled into a ball similar to an energy bite.
Fat bombs are typically eaten in the morning, as a snacks to give you energy during the day or at night as a bedtime snack. I love to meal prep these peanut butter fat bombs on Sundays and have an easy snack to eat during the week.
If you love this recipe don’t forget to follow along on Instagram and tag #WhatMollyMade.
How Do You Make A Fat Bomb?
- ½ cup coconut oil, solid
- ⅔ cup raw peanut butter (no sugar added)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- course sea salt, to top
- dark chocolate, melted (optional)
- Line 12 mini muffin tins with paper liners and set aside.
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl, combine the coconut oil and raw peanut butter. Place in the microwave and heat on high for 30 seconds. Remove, stir and place back in the microwave and repeat until completely melted.
- Add the cinnamon, sea salt, vanilla and maple syrup and whisk until combined. Evenly distribute the into the prepared muffin tins. Sprinkle with sea salt. Place in the freezer for at least 1 hour. Remove from freezer and drizzle with dar chocolate if desired.
- Store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Don’t forget to check out more of my low carb recipes!