This keto fat bomb recipe are an easy, fat-filled snack that are perfect for the keto diet or for anyone looking to add healthy fats into their diet. They’re easy to make, filled with flavor and good fats like coconut oil and MCT oil.
I don’t strictly follow the ketogenic diet but I do try to get most of my carbs from veggies and eat a lot of high and beneficial fats. My favorite beneficial fats are coconut oil, MCT oil and avocados!
I put coconut oil and MCT oil in my coffee every morning and I try to eat at least one fat bomb a day and lots of avocados with my meals. Fat tastes so good so I love adding it to my meals and recipes. 🙂
This keto fat bomb recipe is just that! It tastes so good and it’s filled with ingredients that are going to help with long-lasting energy and keep you feel when you need a snack. The majority of the fat in this recipe comes from the coconut oil, nut butter and MCT oil.
What is MCT Oil?
Medium chain triglycerides (aka MCT) are fats that are naturally found in coconut and palm kernel oils. They’re more easily and rapidly absorbed from the gut and are metabolized really quickly by the liver where they’re used for energy rather than storage.*
A lot of studies show MCT oil helps with weight management and a healthy body composition!* That’s why it’s such a great ingredient to add to fat bombs!
What is a keto fat bomb?
A fat bomb is usually a combination of healthy fats, nuts or seeds and created to help people who eat a lower carb diet include more healthy fats into their diet.
Typically fat bombs are made in a mini-muffin tin (like this recipe) or rolled into a ball similar to an energy bite.
Fat bombs are typically eaten in the morning, as a snacks to give you energy during the day or at night as a bedtime snack. I love to meal prep these peanut butter fat bombs on Sundays and have an easy snack to eat during the week.
If you love this recipe don’t forget to follow along on Instagram and tag #WhatMollyMade.
This post is sponsored by NOW Foods. All thoughts and opinions are my own! Thank you to Now Foods for helping me continue to post and share free recipes for all of you!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
If you love this recipe, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram and tag me with @what_mollymade so I can see it and feature you!
More fat bomb recipes:
Keto Fat Bombs with MCT Oil
- 1/2 cup coconut oil solid
- 2/3 cup nut butter no sugar added (I used cashew butter)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons NOW® Sports MCT Oil I used the Vanilla Hazelnut variety
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Pinch of coarse sea salt to top
- dark chocolate melted optional
- Crushed nuts or cashews to top optional
- Line 6 regular size muffin tins with paper liners and set aside.
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl, combine the coconut oil and raw peanut butter. Place in the microwave and heat on high for 30 seconds. Remove, stir and place back in the microwave and repeat until completely melted.
- Add the cinnamon, sea salt, vanilla and maple syrup and whisk until combined. Evenly distribute the into the prepared muffin tins. Sprinkle with sea salt. Place in the freezer for at least 1 hour. Remove from freezer and drizzle with dark chocolate if desired.
- Store in the freezer for up to 3 months.