These blueberry energy bites are a delicious and healthy bite-sized snack! Made with oats, cinnamon and almond butter, these snack bites are healthy and give you all the energy you need.
Happy Labor Day weekend friends! How in the world did we get here? I feel like it was just yesterday Zach was proposing to me and we were getting ready for our trip to Ireland. All of a sudden we’re heading into the holidays.
Time is going to fly and before we know it we’ll be saying I do! Is it June yet?
Do you guys feel like this year has been flying by?! Got any fun and exciting plans coming up you’re looking forward to? Comment below I want to hear what you have planned!
One week from today Zach and I are heading to the Outer Banks with my family to spend a week on the beach. We haven’t been on a beach vacation in ages, in fact, I don’t think Zach has ever been on a beach vacation.
We’re going to spend the days reading, watching the waves come in playing with both of my nephews in the sand. Elijah (who is 3) more so than my newest newphew, Jacob, considering he is only 2 months old.
I CANNOT wait to spend an entire week with my family and relaxing. It’s going to be the best.
Whenever I head on a trip or head to the beach I always like to make snacks. Zach and I are driving to the Outer Banks from Ohio (about 10 hours) so we want to have lots of road trip snacks to keep us full.
The last time we went on a trip I made these PB and J Protein Balls, but unfortunately, Zach ate all of them before we actually started the car. I’ll consider this trip is a success if they last before we get on the highway.
These blueberry energy bites may be one of my favorite snacks I’ve made recently. For multiple reasons.
Three Reasons to Make Blueberry Energy Bites
- There is no baking required in these blueberry energy bites. You don’t need an oven or pans to make this recipe. Just a food processor (or a bowl) and some elbow grease to roll them up.
- They taste like a blueberry muffin! Seriously, they taste just like a freshly baked morning pastry.
- They are healthy! There’s no refined sugar and they have lots of healthy fats.
There are two ingredients in these blueberry energy bites that make them so delicious. The blueberries are one of them, obviously, but in this recipe they are dried blueberries.
That means blueberries don’t have to be in season to make these blueberry muffin energy bites. You can typically find them near the craisins or int he baking aisle. Mine were by all the nuts near the produce.
The other ingredient is the cinnamon! Simple, but makes all the difference in this recipe. It’s what makes them taste just like a blueberry muffin!
You make the blueberry muffin energy bites by throwing them in the food processor and pulsing for a few minutes then stirring the dried blueberries in. Roll them up into balls and you’re done!
The very best road trip snacks you’ll ever taste.
How to Make Blueberry Energy Bites
- 1⅓ cup rolled oats (use GF oats for GF option)
- ½ cup creamy nut butter (I used almond butter)
- ¼ cup ground flax seed
- 5-6 dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons raw honey (or maple syrup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup dried blueberries
- To the bowl of a food processor, add the rolled oats and blend on high for approximately one minute to get a oat flour texture.
- Add the creamy nut butter, flax seed, dates, honey, cinnamon and vanilla extract. Blend on high again until well combined and mixture starts to pull away from the sides of the bowl.
- Add dried blueberries and mix well with a rubber spatula until completely incorporated. Using a heaping tablespoon, form the mixture into round balls. Chill for 10-15 minutes to set.