This sweet potato breakfast hash is made on a sheet pan for an easy, healthy breakfast. With fork-tender sweet potatoes, caramelized onion, sweet and savory breakfast sausage, and topped with eggs, this healthy meal isn’t lacking in flavor.
This recipe makes it easy to have a quality recipe during a busy week!
What protein goes with sweet potato hash?
For this recipe we’re using al fresco breakfast sausage! I love the Country Style Sausage because of the thyme and sage in it, but the Apple Maple is amazing too. Both go so well with this recipe! It’s pre-cooked so it’s an on-hand item I love to keep in my fridge every week.
Which color sweet potatoes should I use?
For this sweet potato breakfast hash you’ll be using about 1 lb of sweet potatoes. I used a mixture of sweet potatoes with orange and white/cream flesh because that’s what we had on hand. You can’t go wrong with the type you use because they’ll cook the same. My best recommendations are orange, purple or white!
Are sweet potatoes good for breakfast?
Sweet potatoes are one of my favorite ingredients to eat for breakfast! They’re healthy, full of nutrients and good carbs to keep you full all day. Pair sweet potatoes with healthy fat and protein, like this recipe, and you’re set for the day.
How to make sweet potato breakfast hash:
Start by chopping your sweet potatoes, onion and veggies into small hash-sized pieces. Next, chop the al fresco Breakfast Sausage and mix it all in a bowl with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika.
Dump the mixture on a large sheet pan and bake at 425°F for 20 minutes. Remove it from the oven and create 6 small wells to crack the eggs. Crack an egg in each well then place back in the oven for 7-11 minutes. Bake for 7 minutes if you want runny eggs and 11 minutes if you want yolks that are set.
Serve with fresh chopped parsley or hot sauce!
This post is sponsored by al fresco All Natural. Thank you to brands I love for believing in me and the recipes I share so I can keep sharing free recipes with you!
If you love this recipe as much as I do, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram and tag me with @what_mollymade so I can see it and feature you.
More easy, healthy breakfast recipes:
Sheet Pan Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-7.5 ounce package al fresco Country Style Breakfast Sausage sliced into 1 inch rounds
- 1 lb sweet potatoes 2-3 medium sweet potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 bell peppers any color, diced
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large sheet pan with a silpat mat or foil and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the olive oil, sausage, sweet potatoes, bell peppers and onions with the garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Dump onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes until the potatoes are just tender. Stir the veggies halfway through.
- Carefully remove the sheet pan from the oven and move vegetables and sausage aside to create 6 wells on the sheet pan for the eggs.
- Place back in the oven for 7-11 minutes, depending on how done you like your eggs. Bake for 7 minutes for runny yolk, 9 minutes for medium-hard yolk and 11 minutes for hard yolk.