Easy roasted maple glazed carrots are a simple side dish, but they will make a huge impact on your Thanksgiving table. They're a healthy veggie that fit well into a paleo or vegan diet. Serve with your turkey or for an easy dinner tonight!
Ingredients for roasted maple glazed carrots:
- Ghee or grass-fed butter
- Pure maple syrup (of course!)
- Spices: chili powder, salt and pepper
- Herbs: fresh rosemary and thyme
- Baby carrots
This combination of ingredients makes a sweet, spicy and earthy flavor that will surprise you with the amount of flavor! I couldn't stop eating these maple glazed roasted carrots!
How to make maple glazed carrots:
Start by combining all of the spices and herbs together in one bowl. Whisk it well and add the baby carrots. Toss well to coat the carrots in all of the flavor then pour them out onto a large baking sheet lined with foil.
Bake the carrots with all the maple "sauce" for 40-45 or until the carrots are fork tender. Stir halfway through! Sprinkle with additional herbs before serving.
Do roasted carrots reheat well?
These maple glazed carrots reheat really well! Store in an air-tight container and when you're ready to serve, heat in the microwave in 30 second increments or reheat in the oven at 350°F for 20 minutes or until heated through.
What goes with roasted carrots?
Roasted carrots are also an easy and healthy side dish for dinner. If you're making rice crispy chicken, pork chops or a steak, this recipe is great!
If you love this recipe as much as I do, don't forget to follow me on Instagram and tag me with @what_mollymade so I can see it and feature you.
More healthy Thanksgiving sides:
- Gluten free cornbread stuffing
- Healthy sweet potato casserole
- The best Thanksgiving salad
- Dairy free mashed potatoes
Oven roasted maple glazed carrots
- 1/4 cup ghee or grass-fed butter melted
- 4 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds baby carrots room temperature
- More herbs for garnish if desired
- Preheat oven to 425°Line a medium baking sheet with aluminum foil or a silpat mat.
- In a medium-large bowl, combine the melted butter/ghee, maple syrup, chili powder, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper and whisk well. Add the carrots to the bowl and toss to evenly coat.
- Pour the carrots onto the prepared baking pan and drizzle any remaining maple mixture on top. Arrange carrots into a single layer using a spatula.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes, or until fork tender, stirring halfway through.
- Sprinkle with additional rosemary and thyme before serving.