Easy roasted maple carrots are a simple side dish, but they will make a huge impact on your table. They're a healthy veggie that fit well into a paleo or vegan diet.
Carrots by themself can sometimes be overlooked as a side dish, but I promise these maple roasted carrots will steal the show. They are packed with so much flavor and a great way to add vegetables to the Thanksgiving table.
This combination of ingredients makes a sweet, spicy and earthy flavor that will surprise you with the amount of flavor!
Ingredients for roasted maple carrots
- Ghee or grass-fed butter
- Pure maple syrup (of course!)
- Spices: chili powder, salt and pepper
- Herbs: fresh rosemary and thyme
- Baby carrots (no need for peeling!)
How to make roasted maple carrots
- Start by combining all of the spices and herbs together in a medium bowl. Whisk it well and add the baby carrots. Toss well to coat the carrots in all of the flavor then pour them out onto a large rimmed baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper.
- Bake the carrots with all the maple "sauce" for 40-45 or until the carrots are fork tender. Stir halfway through! Sprinkle with additional herbs before serving.
These maple glazed carrots reheat really well! Store in an air-tight container and when you're ready to serve, heat in the microwave in 30 second increments or reheat in the oven at 350°F for 20 minutes or until heated through.
Roasted carrots make a great Thanksgiving side dish, so they go really well with thinks like healthy sweet potato casserole, dairy free mashed potatoes, turkey and gluten free stuffing. Roasted carrots are also an easy and healthy side dish for dinner. If you're making rice crispy chicken, pork chops or a steak, this recipe is great!
If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. You can also tag me on Instagram so I can see it!
More Thanksgiving Sides
- Gluten free cornbread stuffing
- Healthy sweet potato casserole
- The best Thanksgiving salad
- Dairy free mashed potatoes
Roasted Maple Carrots
- 1/4 cup butter, vegan butter or ghee melted
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped rosemary
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds baby carrots room temperature *see notes
- More herbs for garnish if desired
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil, parchment paper or a silpat mat and set aside.
- In a medium-large bowl, combine the melted butter/ghee, maple syrup, chili powder, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper and whisk well. Add the carrots to the bowl and toss to evenly coat.
- Pour the carrots onto the prepared baking pan and drizzle any remaining maple mixture on top. Arrange carrots into a single layer using a spatula.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes, or until fork-tender, stirring halfway through.
- Sprinkle with additional rosemary and thyme before serving.