Gluten free peanut butter blossoms are a classic Christmas cookie recipe that all of your gluten free friends and family can eat! They’re an easy peanut butter cookie made with Hershey’s kisses. You’ll love how easy and delicious they are!
This is the last post for Christmas cookie week 2018! I can’t believe this time has already come. I shared some amazing healthy Christmas cookies and I can’t wait for all of you to try them.
To recap, here are all of the cookies I’ve shared this week:
- No bake chocolate oatmeal cookies
- Paleo + gluten free snickerdoodles
- Healthy buckeyes
- Almond biscotti recipe [Paleo]
- Flourless oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
- Paleo molasses cookies
And now these gluten free peanut butter blossoms! You can also check out all my Christmas cookie recipes from over the years.
The peanut butter blossom is always a classic Christmas cookie recipe. The combination of peanut butter and milk chocolate are two flavors everyone loves.
The best thing about this recipe is that it’s gluten free too! So your family and friends that eat a gluten free diet can still enjoy them. THey’re also refined sugar free too!
Can you use butter instead of shortening in peanut butter cookies?
Yes, you can use butter instead of shortening in peanut butter cookies. In fact, I prefer butter in these gluten free peanut butter blossoms. They add a rich, butter flavor and the texture is still soft and chewy.
I recommend using a grass fed butter anytime you’re making a healthier cookie with butter. It’s just a healthier option! You could also use ghee or coconut oil if you want to make these dairy free too.
How do you make gluten free peanut butter blossoms?
To make these gluten free peanut butter blossoms, start by making a peanut butter cookie dough. You mix all of the wet ingredients together then the dry ingredients until a dense dough forms.
Chill the dough then drop the dough on a parchment lined baking sheet 2 inches apart. Bake at 375°F for 8-11 minutes until cookies are set and just start to crack around the edges.
Right when the cookies come out of the oven place one Hershey Kiss right on top. Push the kiss down into the cookie so it stays put. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Does the Hershey Kiss melt in peanut butter blossoms?
When you place the Hershey Kiss on top of these gluten free peanut butter blossoms, the heat from the cookie will soften the chocolate.
Once you place the kisses on top of the cookie, allow to cool completely on a baking sheet until the chocolate hardens again before storing or serving.
How long do peanut butter blossoms stay fresh?
These gluten tree peanut butter blossoms will stay fresh in an air tight container for up to one week or in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Can you freeze peanut butter blossom cookies?
You can also freeze baked gluten free peanut butter blossoms. Store them in an air tight container in the freezer for up to two months.
You can also freeze the dough of these peanut butter blossoms. Just make the dough, roll them into balls then cover and place them in the freezer for up to two months.
Bake them straight from the oven, just add an extra minute or two to the bake time. Or you can thaw them in the refrigerator for a few hours then bake them.
If you make these gluten free peanut butter blossoms don’t forget to follow me on Instagram and tag me with @what_mollymade so I can see it and feature you.
More gluten free cookies:
Gluten free peanut butter blossoms
- In a large bowl with a hand mixer or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter, peanut butter and coconut sugar in the bowl on medium-high until light and fluffy. Mix in the eggs one at a time, beating for one minute after each addition. Add vanilla and beat until combined.
- In a separate smaller bowl, whisk together gluten-free flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture until dough forms and starts to pull away from the edges of the bowl. Cover dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for one hour or up to 2 days.
- Once chilled, preheat oven to 375°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop a large teaspoon of dough and roll into balls. Place on the baking sheet 2 inches apart. Bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes or until the cookies are set and just start to crack around the edges. Unwrap the Hershey Kisses while the cookies bake.
- Place a Kiss immediately on each cookie after removing them from the oven. Make sure to push down enough so the Kiss stays. The edges of the cookies will crack more. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely, until the Hershey Kisses set again.