These are the best 15 healthy muffins for kids. This list includes paleo, grain free, vegan, and whole wheat recipes with tons of delicious flavors. Our favorites are the banana, pumpkin and blueberry muffins.
Here on What Molly Made I LOVE muffins. They're one of my favorite things to bake. Whether your a meal prep muffin person, weekend muffin person or snack muffin person, this roundup is for you!
Why are muffins great to make with kids? You usually only need one bowl and no beaters, just a whisk! It's a great time to get your kids involved.
Which muffins are the healthiest?
Some recipes can be filled with butter, flour and sugar and they're more of a dessert. Recipes made with ingredients like almond flour, berries and honey are healthy! Find recipes full of fruit, fiber and anti-inflammatory ingredients to start your kiddos day right for breakfast.
Pantry staples for healthy muffins
Here are some go to ingredients to keep on hand if you want to make healthy muffins! Keep these in your pantry for muffins any time.
- Gluten free flours like almond flour, coconut flour or 1:1 gluten free flour
- Almond butter
- Maple syrup or coconut sugar
- Your favorite mix-ins like chocolate chips or blueberries
15 Healthy Muffin Recipes for Kids
Chocolate Banana Blender Muffins |What Molly Made
Blueberry Muffins |What Molly Made
Note: these are considered "lactation" muffins for new mamas, but just omit the brewer's yeast and it's a GREAT recipe for everyone and kiddos.
Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins | What Molly Made
Paleo Cinnamon Streusel Carrot Cake Muffins |What Molly Made
Triple Berry Blender Muffins from What Molly Made
Healthier Lemon PoppySeed Muffins from What Molly Made
How healthy are lemon poppy seed muffins? They're really healthy! Check out this recipe for a delicious version.
Low Carb Pumpkin Muffins | What Molly Made
Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Muffins | What Molly Made
Healthy Coconut Oil Gingerbread Muffins | Fit Foodie Finds
Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins | Minimalist Baker
Healthy Whole Wheat Orange Muffins | Fit Mitten Kitchen
Healthy One Bowl Pumpkin Muffins | What Molly Made
Dark chocolate blueberry banana oat muffins | Running With Spoons
Healthy double chocolate zucchini muffins | Running With Spoons
I hope you love these recipes as much as I do! Healthy muffin recipes are some of my favorite. If you love this round up or make one of these recipes let me know by following along on Instagram and tagging #WhatMollyMade.
Healthy Muffin Recipe for Kids (Customize it!)
- 1 ¼ cups gluten free oat flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- ½ cup ground flax seed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup raw honey
- ⅓ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk or coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional additions: cinnamon, diced apples, blueberries, bananas, cranberries, walnuts, peanut butter, nutella, lemon zest, poppy seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 9-10 muffin cups with liners and spray the liners with nonstick cooking spray (I like coconut oil spray).
- In a small to medium bowl, whisk together the oat flour, tapioca flour, ground flax seed, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together eggs, honey, vanilla, almond milk, coconut oil and lemon juice until smooth and well combined. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
- At this point, add whatever mix ins you have on hand like chocolate chips, blueberries, strawberries, apples and cinnamon or more.
- Use a large spoon to fill the prepared muffin liners all the way to the top, but not over the top. It should fill 9 to 10 muffin cups. Place a few extra blueberries on top of each one before baking. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Transfer muffin tin to a wire cooling rack and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes then remove the muffins from the tin and allow to cool completely or serve warm.