This veggie quinoa power bowl is a great meal prep lunch idea. It's full of flavor and packed with roasted vegetables to keep you powered up all day.
I've found that the number one reason I eat healthy is if I plan ahead. If I'm stuck in a pinch and end up being starving I end up grabbing something easy and convenient, and maybe not as healthy as it could be.
When I meal prep on the weekends and have lunch and snacks ready to go for the week, I end up making healthier choices and feel so much better during the week.
I have to be a honest, I'm not a huge veggie lover. It takes a lot of seasoning and excitement for me to want to eat vegetables. Which is why this veggie quinoa power bowl is such a perfect meal. It has so many veggies and it's hearty and tastes delicious too!
The veggies included in this veggie quinoa power bowl:
- sweet potatoes
There's also roasted chickpeas, cilantro and hummus to add to the top!
This recipe makes enough to fill at least 5 plastic containers you can easily take with you to work. I've been eating it for two days and its' so good! Definitely will not get sick of it by day 5.
If you want to add some protein to this recipe you can easily add rotisserie chicken! Or another option is to cook your quinoa with bone broth. So many healthy benefits to doing that! I'm doing it next week:)
If you love this recipe don't forget to pin it or give me a follow on Instagram and tag #WhatMollyMade
How to Make a Veggie Quinoa Power Bowl
- 2 cups ucnooked quinoa
- 4 cups water vegetable broth or bone broth
- 2 sweet potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cups brocolli roughly chopped
- 3 cups cauliflower roughly chopped
- 1 cup sweet bell peppers
- 1- 15 ounce can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 5-8 tablespoons of garlic hummus
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Cover a large sheet pan with a silpat mat or foil. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sweet potatoes, chickpeas, onion, cauliflower and broccoli with olive oil, sea salt, black pepper and garlic powder. Dump vegetables out onto the prepared pan and roast sweet potato mixture in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- While vegetables are roasting, bring the water, veggie broth or bone broth to a boil in a medium saucepan with the quinoa. Turn heat down and simmer on medium-low for approximately 15 minutes.
- Divide quinoa evenly into dishes and topped with veggies when they're done cooking. Top with cilantro and 1-2 tablespoons of garlic hummus.
You might also like my Creamy Mushroom Pasta with Garlic Kale!