This modern farmhouse bathroom remodel takes a small space and turns it into a bright, luxurious master bathroom. A walk in shower, subway tile, new lighting and modern farmhouse decor opens and brightens the space.
When we moved into our home we had one and a half baths and we knew we wanted to turn the half bath off the master into a full master bathroom.
We closed off a wall, added a shower and updated the paint and fixtures, plus added some modern decor.
Before and after:
How to make a dated bathroom look modern:
You don't have to spend a ton of money to make a bathroom look more modern. If you don't have to move plumbing or walls, aesthetic updates are very affordable. Here are a few tips:
- Update fixtures: lighting, faucets, shower heads, vanity pulls, towel hooks etc.
- Take advantage of natural light minimal window treatments and light walls like white
- Add subway tile if possible
- Choose decor that's modern and functional
- Add plants to liven it up
How to make a small bathroom look luxurious?
We had a pretty small space to work with but knew we could make it work. Here are a few tips to make a smaller space look larger:
- Add a walk in shower with glass
- Add a bench and shelving to the shower for built in storage
- Use open shelving when possible
- Paint the walls a light color and use a light tile
- Use minimal decor so it doesn't feel cluttered
- Find stylish storage options (like our bar cart!)
How do you decorate a bathroom farmhouse style?
- Create contrast with whites and blacks
- Add earthy-tones like wood, greenery and brown
- Create dimension like shiplap, subway tile etc.
- Mix old and new elements and even add some industrial or boho pieces
- use open shelves with layered decor
I hope you love this bathroom update! Check out our modern farmhouse kitchen update for more!