Learn how to make a keto Starbucks pink drink with just 5 simple ingredients! Its takes minutes to make and is better than the keto version you can order off the secret menu (I'm sharing how to order it too!).
The pink drink is a popular Starbucks recipe that blew up because of it's gorgeous pink hue and instagrammable look (plus it's delicious!). To help balance blood sugar and be more mindful of eating real ingredients, I wanted to make a homemade keto pink drink that's easy and cheap.
What is the Starbucks pink drink?
It's essentially Starbuck's strawberry acai refresher mixed with coconut milk and accents of passion fruit. Here are the ingredients in the pink drink from Starbucks:
- Strawberry Acai base (mostly made of sugar, grape juice concentrate and natural flavors)
- Coconut milk (coconut cream, more sugar and water)
- Freeze dried strawberries
How many carbs are in a pink drink? A grande contains 27g of carbs and 24 of those carbs are sugar. There are 140 calories in a pink drink.
How to order the keto pink drink from Starbucks
If you want to order a keto version, there is a secret menu hack! Just say this to your barista and they can whip up the keto version for you.
What to order: Grande passion tango iced tea with no cane sugar, 3 pumps of vanilla sugar free syrup, heavy cream and ice. You can also add a few freeze dried strawberries.
To make it dairy free: order it with coconut milk instead of heavy cream, but it does have some sugar in it.
Although you can order it from Starbucks, I find the homemade version is much better! I love that this homemade pink drink is made with 5 simple ingredients and it's really cheap to make again and again!
5 real ingredients to make it at home
- Tazo Passion tea: brewed strong and cooled (I did 1 1/2 cups hot water and 3 tea bags)
- Full fat coconut milk: get the one from the can and make sure it's shaken well so the coconut water and cream are mixed together.
- Vanilla Extract
- Sweetener: I like a plant based sweetener like monkfruit or stevia. I used liquid stevia here, but you could use a powdered version. You could also use a simple super with granulated sugar and water.
- Freeze dried strawberries: these are more concentrated with natural sugars, but you could also opt for a few real strawberry slices.
How to you make a Starbucks pink drink in 3 steps
- Steep the tea: you want to brew a very strong batch of passion tea. I warmed up 1 1/2 cups of hot water until it's boiling then added 3 tea bags and let it steep for 10 minutes. Allow it to cool completely (or throw a few ice cubes in if you don't want to wait) before making the pink drink.
- Blend: Add the cooled tea to a blender with the rest of the ingredients and pulse until it's combined. I like using a blender because the full fat coconut milk can have some clumps so this makes sure it's smooth. You could also use a hand frother to blend!
- Pour over ice: grab a cub and fill it with ice and pour your smooth and creamy pink drink over top. Top it with strawberries if you want!
Prefer to watch instead of read?[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id="K9P5y1b6" upload-date="2021-06-15T12:10:31.000Z" name="Healthy (Low Carb) Pink Drink" description="Learn how to make a Starbucks keto pink drink with just 5 simple ingredients! Its takes minutes to make and is better than the keto version you can order off the secret menu (I'm sharing how to order it too!)." player-type="collapse" override-embed="false"]
Keto Pink Drink FAQs
There are 230 calories and 5 of net carbs (omit the freeze dried strawberries for 0 carbs).
Yes, there is caffeine in the tea. It has about 48g of caffeine per cup, compared to 150g in a cup of coffee.
You can make this in advance and keep it in your fridge for the week! Just blend it well and store in an air tight container (we really like Weck jars). Just shake well and pour over ice when you're ready to serve.
If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. You can also tag me on Instagram so I can see it!
More healthy drinks:
Starbucks Pink Drink (Keto)
- 1 1/2 cups passion tea brewed strong and cooled
- 1 cup canned unsweetened full-fat coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon [pure vanilla extra]
- 2 teaspoons liquid monkfruit/stevia
- 2 tablespoons freeze-dried strawberries or 2 medium fresh strawberries, thinly sliced
- Brew your tea by boiling 1 1/2 cups of water. You can do this over the stove or heat it for 3 minutes in the microwave on high. Add 2-3 tea bags to the water and steep for 5-10 minutes. Remove the tea bags and discard then let the tea cool completely. You can store it in the fridge at this point until you're ready to make it. If you want it quickly, add a few ice cubes to the tea to cool it down quicker.
- Once it's cool, add everything, except the freeze dried strawberries, to a blender and blend on high for 30-60 seconds. Alternately, add everything to a large glass and use a hand frother to mix.
- Pour mixture over glass filled with ice and top with freeze dried strawberries or fresh strawberries.