All the cheese! All the time!
At one point in my life I actually thought that you could only get it in the south. Like it was some foreign mystical concoction that comes straight from Georgia and you only get it if your family brings it to a family reunion. Then one day I learned you can make your own. That was a great day.
My sister, Elisa, got married in August and I was the maid of honor and Chelsea was a bridesmaid. We got tasked with throwing a shower leading up to the big day and we chose to throw her a high tea bridal shower (we’re so fancy). So obviously we had mini tea sandwiches. They’re actually the cutest little things ever. We had cucumber, cream cheese and dill and of course pimiento cheese sandwiches. OH MY GOD. That’s where the inspiration for making my own came from.
I initially made this to take it to a tailgate, but then didn’t end up going (I promise I try not to be anti social all the time). So what do you do with extra dip( besides eating it by the spoonful of course)? Put it on a grilled cheeeese. Yep, that’s what I did. With a secret special ingredeint. So get pumped because that’s coming soon!
Pimento Cheese Dip
- 1-8 ounce package of cream cheese softened
- 1 1/2 cups extra sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1-6 ounce jar pimiento chilis chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon hot suace
- With an electric mixer, beat all ingredients until creamy and well combined.