These flourless peanut butter cookies are made in less than 20 minutes! They don’t include any flour so they’re gluten free, plus there’s no butter in this recipe either. You will love how delicious they are!
Back to your regularly scheduled posting! If you checked out the red, white and blueberry popsicles I posted yesterday you like read about the fact that my life has been crazy these last couple of weeks. We moved into our new house and I didn’t have time to thoroughly test my recipes and take all the pictures.
Luckily I had some free time over the weekend and I was able to make a few recipes, including these flourless peanut butter cookies!
I’ve had these on my list of recipes to make for a while. For multiple reasons: they don’t include flour or butter and they are mostly made with peanut butter! Who else love peanut butter recipes as much as me?! My favorite is peanut butter and jelly protein balls.
The reason I’m specifically making these flourless peanut butter cookies is because my mom is gluten free. She’s been battling severe arthritis for years and reducing the amount of gluten she eats has helped reduce imflamation in her joints.
Like myself, my mom is a huge peanut butter and cookie fan so these cookies are a no brainer. Are you or do you have any family members that are gluten free? I want to hear about you and your fam! If so, I’ve got quite a few gluten free recipes.
Are flourless peanut butter cookies healthy?
Healthy is a relative term, in my opinion. Health means something different for me because I have different goals and body needs. That said, are flourless peanut butter cookies healthy? Flourless peanut butter cookies are healthier than a typical cookie because they don’t include the butter or flour. However, I wouldn’t consider them a healthy cookie. They do still have sugar in them!
They are a great cookie recipe because they fit into so many people’s lifestyles, especially gluten free friends! One of the many reasons I love them.
Another reason I love them? They’re super simple to make. You only need one mixing bowl to make these flourless peanut butter cookies happen. There are minimal steps, but I always love sharing exactly how each recipe is made!
What are the ingredients for flourless peanut butter cookies?
You only need 7 ingredients to make these flourless peanut butter cookies. And chances are you have most of them in your pantry right now!
- creamy peanut butter
- brown sugar
- granulated sugar
- baking soda
How do you make flourless peanut butter cookies?
- Cream brown sugar, granulated sugar and peanut butter in the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment until light and creamy, 2-3 minutes.
- Add the baking soda, salt, vanilla and egg and beat until combined
- Roll into tablespoon sized balls and push down slightly with the back of your fork to make a criss cross pattern
- Bake at 350°F for 7-9 minutes. Cool on rack for 2 minutes then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy all the flourless peanut butter cookies!
How do you make peanut butter cookies chewy?
To make these flourless peanut butter cookies chewy, instead of crunchy, you need a higher moisture content in them. That’s why we’re using an egg, brown sugar and no flour.
The egg adds extra moisture and so does the brown sugar. Brown sugar has molasses in it, which contains more water content than granulated sugar. And without any flour at all, you’re guaranteed a chewy cookie!
If you make this recipe, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram and tag me with @what_mollymade so I can see it and feature you!
More cookie recipes:
Flourless Peanut Butter CookiesPRINT RECIPE PIN RECIPE
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter I used JIF Natural Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- In a large bowl with your hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the peanut butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar together on high speed until creamy and smooth, 2-3 minutes. Add the egg, vanilla, baking soda and salt and mix until combined.
- Using a heaping tablespoon, roll dough into balls and place on prepared baking sheet approximately 2 inches apart. Gently smash the dough with the back of a fork in a criss cross shape. Bake cookies 7-9 minutes being careful not to overbake.
- Remove cookies from oven and allow to cool on baking sheet for two minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE!? SNAP A PIC AND TAG @WHAT_MOLLYMADE AND USE #WHATMOLLYMADE!
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pays me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting What Molly Made!