These easy cherry crisp recipe is made with frozen cherries and dark chocolate and topped with a gluten free oat crust. It's the perfect summer dessert recipe!
Happy Saturday ya'll!
It's an extra great day because Zach (my fiance) and I are heading to Akron to spend the weekend with my family. Tomorrow is one of my big sister's baby showers. It's a travel theme and we have so many adorable decorations like vintage suitcases, airplanes and hot air balloons. The favors are cookies that say "precious cargo" on them. I can't hardly stand it it's so cute.
I'm in charge of the dessert table, obvi. And I've got lots of fun things planned! We're doing a donut wall, you guys. Have you heard of them?! It's essentially a peg board with dowel rods where the donuts hang as the backdrop of the dessert table. I'm following this donut wall tutorial in case you need one. And don't forget to stay tuned on my Instagram stories for all the pictures.
I still can't believe my sister is having a baby. I swear we were just planning her wedding. Now she's bringing a human being in to the world and she's the MOH in my wedding. Where does the time go?!
Wanna know what else is great about this Saturday? It's TWO DAYS before Zach and I leave for Ireland. We've never been to Europe and we're so excited we can hardly stand it. If you've got recommendations for food and sights please please comment and let me know! And stay tuned on my Instagram stories there as well to follow on on our trip.
I'll be sharing more details on the recipe post on Tuesday! So be sure to check back then:)
Now this cherry crisp may not seem as cool as baby showers and overseas trips but I promise it's right up there. I think I like it so much because it's a healthier dessert option for summer and it comes together in minutes.
I don't know about you, but when summer hits I want to spend less time over the oven and more time outside on the deck soaking up the sun and spending time with friends and family. Having an easy dessert recipe like this dark chocolate cherry crisp is crucial to taking advantage of summer entertaining.
On top of being easy, this cherry crisp is gluten free and vegan. AND refined sugar free! So your swimsuit season isn't ruined:) Comment here if you can relate.
The cherry part of this cherry crisp is simple. Frozen cherries and dark chocolate chips are the base then they're mixed with cornstarch to help get some thickness happening when it bakes. If you're using frozen cherries be sure to let them thaw and pat them dry or you could end up with an extra runny cherry crisp. No thanks.
The crisp part of this cherry crisp is made from simple ingredients. If you make recipes from my site often then you likely already have gluten free rolled oats and almond flour in your pantry! Don't forget the coconut! You can get that in the baking aisle at any grocery store.
To assemble, add the dark chocolate cherry mixture into a casserole dish and top with all the yummy cherry crisp topping. Bake at 375 for 40-ish minutes and you're golden.
I like to top mine with ice cream! If you're vegan you could totally do a vegan ice cream.
- 5 1/2 cups cherries fresh or frozen (thawed and patted dry)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons corn starch
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 3/4 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil solid
- Preheat oven to 375°F and position rack to the middle position. Spray a 9x9 inch pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cherries, corn starch, coconut sugar, sea salt and dark chocolate chips until incorporated. Pour into prepared baking dish. Set aside.
- To make the crisp, combine the almond flour, tapioca flour, rolled oats, sea salt and coconut sugar in a large bowl. Add the coconut oil and using a pastry blender or two knives, cut the coconut oil into the flour mixture until it becomes a course meal.
- Sprinkle crisp over dark chocolate and cherries and bake in the preheated oven for 35-45 minutes, or until crisp is golden brown and fruit around the edges is bubbling.
- Allow to cool slightly. Serve warm with ice cream, if desired.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE!? SNAP A PIC AND TAG @WHAT_MOLLYMADE AND USE #WHATMOLLYMADE!
Here are a couple of items I used to make today’s recipe:
Square Pan, 9 inch, Dough Blender, Glass Bowl Set
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pays me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting What Molly Made!
I am so excited to see it tomorrow and taste those delicious deserts!
chronic kidney disease says
Kidney Dialysis is actually a thing of the past: alternative remedy proved to be effective
towards Kidney Impaired Function http://kidneyok.tumblr.com/