Sheet Pan Burrito Bowl
Meal prep for the week with this easy and healthy sheet pan burrito bowl recipe! It's made with classic Mexican spices and is done in 30 minutes.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time25 mins
- 1 tablespoons of chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 sweet bell peppers any color (I used, yellow, red and green)
- 1 medium yellow onion sliced
- 1 12 ounce package of Al Fresco Mild Mexican Style Chicken Sausage
- 4 tablespoons olive oil separated
- 1 15- ounce can of black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 8.8 ounce packages pre cooked jasmine rice or 3 cups of leftover cooked rice
- Optional for serving: fresh lime juice fresh parsley, fresh cilantro, avocado
Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a very large sheet pan with parchment paper, foil or spray with non-stick coconut oil spray. You may need to use two sheet pans if yours isn’t large enough.
In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, red pepper flakes, oregano, smoked paprika, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and black pepper and mix to combine. Set aside.
Stem and seed the peppers then cut into 1-2-inch pieces and place on the prepared sheet pan. Halve and thinly slice the onion and add them to the sheet pan with the peppers. Slice the Al Fresco Mexican Style dinner sausage on the bias in 1/2 - 1 inch pieces and add to the pan.
Drizzle everything with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of the prepared seasoning mix. Toss to thoroughly coat then bake for 25 minutes, stirring halfway through.
When the 25 minutes is up, remove the sheet pan from the oven and add the pre-cooked rice and black beans to the sheet pan. Add the other 2 tablespoons of oil and the rest of the seasoning and toss to coat. Place back in the oven for 5 more minutes.
Remove and sprinkle with fresh cilantro and parsley and serve with a squeeze of lime juice and avocado.
Serving: 1bowl | Calories: 364kcal | Carbohydrates: 42.9g | Protein: 11.3g | Fat: 17.2g