Gluten free cornbread stuffing
This gluten free cornbread stuffing is the perfect gluten free Thanksgiving side dish! It's so flavorful because it's made with fresh herbs, dried cranberries and walnuts. It's a great recipe for a crowd and serves everyone during the holidays.
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time45 mins
Total Time1 hr 15 mins
- 2 boxes gluten free cornbread mix I used King Arthur Flour, baked and cubed
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil for cooking vegetables
- 1 large yellow onion chopped about 2 cups
- 6 celery stalks chopped about 2 cups
- 3 large carrots chopped about 1 cup
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage chopped or 2 teaspoons dried
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme chopped or 2 teaspoons dried
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary chopped or 1 teaspoon dried
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup pecans or walnuts
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 ½ - 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons ghee or grass fed butter
Preheat the oven to 300°F. On a large baking pan, place the cubed bread and drizzle with olive oil and sea salt. Toss gently then bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through. Allow to cool on the baking sheet.
While it’s cooling, make the vegetable mixture. In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the coconut oil. Add the onion,celery, and carrots and cook until completely soft and onion are transluscent, about 15 minutes. Add the parsley, sage, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Remove vegetables from heat and set aside.
Preheat the oven to 375°F and great a 9x13 inch baking pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and vegetable or chicken stock. Place the cornbread cubes in and mix well. Add the vegetable and herb mixture and stir gently to combine then add the dried cranberries and pecans and stir gently. Pour into the prepared baking dish and drop the grass fed butter or ghee on top by the teaspoon. Cover tightly with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Uncover and continue to bake for another 15 minutes or until top is golden brown and toasted. Serve immediately.