Sheet pan chicken chicken fajitas
Sheet pan chicken fajitas are an easy and healthy dinner recipe that the whole family will love. All of the ingredients are baked on the same pan for easy baking and easy clean up!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts sliced into 1/2-inch thick strips
- 4 bell peppers any color, cored and sliced into strips
- 1 medium yellow onion sliced into strips
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 8 taco size flour tortillas warmed
- Optional toppings: sliced avocado or guacamole diced tomatoes, Mexican cheese blend, cilantro, extra lime juice
Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a large baking pan with non-stick cooking spray or foil and set aside.
To make the seasoning, combine the chili powder, cumin, sea salt and black pepper. Set aside.
Spread the sliced bell peppers, onion and chicken on the prepared baking sheet. Add the minced garlic then drizzle the olive oil over everything. Toss to evenly coat.
Top with chicken strips then sprinkle garlic and seasoning evenly over chicken strips.
Roast in the preheated oven, stirring halfway through, until the veggies are tender and chicken is cooked, 20-25 minutes total. Once the chicken is cooked through, turn on the broiler and allow to cook for 2-3 minutes until peppers start to get crispy on the edges.
Wrap tortillas tightly in foil and warm in oven during last 5 minutes of fajita filling cooking.
Drizzle lime juice evenly over the top of the pan and sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
Serve warm with tortillas tortillas and optional toppings.