Paleo banana bread
A thick slice of this paleo banana bread recipe is perfect with almond butter or chocolate chip! It's sweetened naturally with bananas so there's no sugar and it's made with almond flour too so it's whole30 approved. This is the BEST paleo banana bread recipe.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time50 mins
Total Time1 hr
- 3 large bananas or 4 small ones, mashed
- 4 large eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted and cooled
- ¼ cup creamy almond butter sugar free
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup omit for whole30 option
- 1 3/4 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour starch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 ounces dark chocolate chunks optional
Preheat your oven to 350°F and line a medium loaf pan with parchment paper or spray with non-stick coconut oil spray. Set aside.
In a large bowl, stir together the mashed banana, eggs, vanilla, coconut oil, almond butter and maple syrup until well combined. Add all of the dry ingredients and mix well. Add chocolate chips and mix well if you’re using them. Being careful not to overmix.
Transfer batter to prepared loaf pan and bake in the preheated oven for 50-60 minutes until deep golden brown or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Allow to cool almost completely in the loaf pan resting on a wire rack. Remove from pan, slice and serve with almond butter or grass fed butter.