Paleo molasses cookies
Wait until you try these chewy paleo molasses cookies! They're gluten free, refined sugar free and so easy to make. They're a great Christmas cookie for the holiday baking season.
Servings: 18 cookies
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil or unsalted butter room temperature
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar packed
- 1/3 cup natural almond butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 ¼ cup blanched almond flour1
- 1/4 cup coconut flour2
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ cup coconut sugar for rolling
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together butter or coconut oil, coconut sugar,almond butter, molasses and vanilla extract. Then whisk in the egg.
Next, add in almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, spices and salt; mix well to combine and form a dough. Chill dough for 30 minutes or up to 2 days.
Use a heaping tablespoon to form dough into balls then place on baking sheet about 3 inches apart. Bake for 8-11 minutes or until cookies are set on top. Allow to cool on cookie sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finishing cooling.