Kielbasa and Homemade Applesauce
The homemade applesauce is made with orange and cinnamon. It's cooked for a couple of hours and stirred with kielbasa. The perfect pre-dinner snack!
Servings: 10 servings
- 2 lbs Kielbasa cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 white Italian onion chopped fine
- 6 Granny Smith Apples peeled cored & sliced
- 6 Macintosh Apples peeled cored & sliced
- 2 Naval oranges – juice and zest
- 1 lemon – juice and zest
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon AllSpice
- 1 box Ritz Crackers
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Mix apples, orange, lemon, brown sugar, cinnamon, allspice and Kielbasa together in a casserole baking dish.
Cover and bake for about 2 hours or until apples turn into “sauce” consistency, stirring occasionally.
Serve with Ritz Crackers.