Chocolate Cherry Smoothie
Pack nutrients, antioxidants and flavor into your breakfast with this chocolate cherry smoothie. You will crave the thick and creamy consistency. It's done in minutes and easy to meal prep!
Servings: 1 large smoothie
- 1 cup packed spinach
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (or other dairy free milk)
- 1/2 large avocado
- 1/3 cup frozen cherries (more if you want it sweeter)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder (or use 1 serving of chocolate protein powder)
Optional add ins:
- 1/2 cup Frozen zucchini or cauliflower (like cauliflower rice)
- 1 tablespoon seeds: flax seed or chia seed (for fiber)
- serving of protein powder
- 1 serving of adaptogenic herbs
Add the spinach and almond milk to a high speed blender and blend until combined.
Add the rest of the ingredients (including in add-ins) and blend until smooth and creamy. Add more almond milk as needed to reach your desired consistency.
Make ahead: Add all of the ingredients (except the milk) to individual freezer bags. Blend on high with milk and serve. You may need more milk to reach your desired consistency.
*See blog post for links to my favorite add-ins and supplements.
Serving: 1smoothie | Calories: 191kcal | Carbohydrates: 18.6g | Protein: 4.8g | Fat: 13.5g | Sodium: 169mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 6.3g