Sweet and Spicy Pork Lettuce Wraps
Insanely delicious and easy pork lettuce wraps will become your favorite easy, healthy dinner. The sweet and spicy (not too spicy!) sauce covers ground pork and veggies inside crisp lettuce cups for a flavorful, low carb dinner!
Servings: 4 (2 lettuce wraps each)
For the sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon honey omit for whole30 option
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons nut butter peanut butter or cashew butter is best
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sriracha more or less to adjust spice level
For the lettuce wraps
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts drained and diced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- Butter lettuce leaves for serving
- Topping: scallions cilantro and crushed peanuts to top
Sauce for serving (optional):
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon nut butter
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
Add all of the sauce ingredients to a medium bowl and whisk well. Set aside.
Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Once it's hot, add the ground pork and cook until no pink remains. To make it crispy, stir occasionally to allow the pork to sit in the hot oil before stirring. This crisps the outsides to a golden brown color.
When the pork is done, add the water chestnuts, red pepper, carrots and onion and cook until soft, 5-7 minutes.
Stir in the sauce until it's completely combined then turn the heat down to medium-low and simmer for 8-10 minutes to thicken and develop the flavor.
Remove the pan from the heat then serve inside the lettuce cups. You may need to double up the lettuce cups for a sturdier wrap. Top with chopped scallions, cilantro and peanuts if desired.
If you're making the sauce, whisk all of the ingredients together in a small bowl while the pork filling simmers. Top the lettuce wraps with sauce before serving.
Meal prep: store the filling and the lettuce separately so you can heat up the pork filling and the lettuce won't get soggy.
Adjust the heat: If you don't like spice, you can omit the sriracha in this rice or reduce it. Alternatively, if you really like spice, you can add more.
Serving: 2lettuce wraps | Calories: 409kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 28g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 300mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g