Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad
No side dish compares to this fresh and filling cucumber tomato avocado salad. Throw everything in a bowl and serve it with a quick dinner or take it to your next BBQ or cookout.
Servings: 6 people
For the salad:
- 1 English Cucumber sliced in half lengthwise with the seeds scooped out and cut into small pieces
- 2 avocados quartered and cut into chunks
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes cut in half lengthwise
- 1/2 small red onion peeled and cut into small thin pieces
For the dressing:
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup light tasting olive oil (or avocado oil)
- 1 tablespoon raw honey (or maple syrup)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
Start by whisking all of the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl then set aside.
If you haven't already, prep all of the veggies: Halve the tomatoes and slice the onion thinly then into small pieces. Cut the cucumber in half lengthwise, scoop out the seedy center then slice them into small "U" shapes. . Cut the avocado in half then into quarters. Peel the skin off then cut into small slices.
Add the cucumber, tomato, onion and avocado to a large serving bowl, toss with the prepared dressing and serve right away.
For serving: if you're taking this recipe to a cookout, store the dressing in a separate container: and toss the salad with the dressing right before serving.
Store: this recipe will last up to 3 days in the fridge in an air tight container.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 241kcal | Carbohydrates: 14.9g | Protein: 2.5g | Fat: 21.3g | Sodium: 204mg | Fiber: 18g | Sugar: 8g