Ultra Creamy Avocado Smoothie
You only need 5 ingredients for this simple avocado smoothie. It's full of healthy fats, fiber, veggies and fruit for a healthy breakfast or snack that will keep you full.
Servings: 1 smoothie
- 1 1/2 cups packed spinach
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (or other dairy free milk) *see notes for oat milk
- 1/2 large avocado
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/4 cup frozen pineapple chunks
Optional add ins:
- 1/2 cup Frozen zucchini or cauliflower (like cauliflower rice)
- 1 tablespoon seeds: flax seed or chia seed (for fiber)
- 1 serving of protein powder (like Collagen Protein or Pea Protein)
- 1 serving of adaptogenic herbs (like Ashwaghanda or Maca)
Add the spinach and milk to the blender and blend on high for 30 seconds until the spinach is broken up and the mixture is green.
Add the rest of the ingredients (including any optional add-ins) then close the lid and blend for another 30 seconds to 1 minute. Serve right away!
*Oat Milk: this is a great non-dairy milk substitute, but it is not low carb and increases the overall carbs in this recipe if you're trying to balance blood sugar.
*Low carb option: omit the pineapple (14g carbs) to bring the net carbs to 14.8g in the entire smoothie. You could add in a keto-friendly sweetener if desired.
*Prep in advance: add all of the spinach, banana and pineapple to a bag and store in the freezer until you're ready to use. Add the contents to a blender with the milk and avocado and blend on high for 1-2 minutes. Add more milk a couple tablespoons at a time if it's too thick.
Serving: 1smoothie | Calories: 337kcal | Carbohydrates: 39.8g | Protein: 5.6g | Fat: 20.3g | Sodium: 184.3mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 20.7g