Chipotle Roasted Sweet Potato and Kale Salad with Cilantro Vinaigrette
Spicy, roasted sweetpotatoes with massaged kale and a tangy cilantro vinaigrette is a nutritious side for summer. It’s perfect for cookouts or a side dish at home. You’ll love how simple and nutritious this recipe is!
For the salad:
- 5 medium sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 1” cubes
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 2 cups chopped kale
For the dressing:
- 5 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons raw honey or agave
- 1/3 cup good quality light olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Preheat the oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
In a large bowl, toss the sweet potato chunks with 2 tablespoons olive oil and the chipotle powder, chili powder, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, oregano, coriander, salt and pepper. Spread on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes, stirring halfway through.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature. While it’s cooling, place the kale in a large bowl and add 1 tablespoon of light olive oil. Use your fingers to massage the kale until softened. Add the sweet potatoes to the kale and set aside to make the dressing.
Add all of the dressing ingredients to a jar with a lid and shake well.
Toss the dressing with the cooled sweet potatoes and kale. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
Serving: 0.5cups | Calories: 248kcal | Carbohydrates: 25.7g | Protein: 2.3g | Fat: 16.4g | Sodium: 667mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 8.6g | Vitamin A: 726IU