Mexican street corn pasta salad
For the pasta salad:
- 16 ounces short twisty gluten free pasta farfalle, rotini etc.
- 4 ears corn
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro about 1/2 cup, minced
- 1/2 large red onion diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes quartered
For the dressing:
- 3/4 cup paleo mayo I like primal kitchen brand
- 1/2 cup full fat canned coconut milk. shaken first to combine cream and liquid or sour cream for non dairy option
- 1/2 cup cilantro tightly packed about 1/2 bunch
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Juice from 1/2 a lime
- 2 teaspoons dried chives
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 clove of garlic or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup jalapenos from the jar
- 1/4 cup mild salsa verde or diced green chilis
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Rub each ear of corn with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper, cumin and chili powder. Wrap each one individually in aluminum foil then place on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, turning halfway through.
While the corn is cooking, prepare the rest of the ingredients. Boil water and cook pasta according to pasta directions. While it’s cooking, chop all of the ingredients and set aside.
Prepare the dressing by adding all of the ingredients to the bowl of a food processor and blend on high for 30-60 seconds, until it's smooth and creamy. When the corn is done, remove from the oven and unwrap the foil. Allow to cool until it’s cool enough to handle. Drain and rinse the cool pasta then add to a large bowl with the chopped veggies. Stand the corn up on its end and cut it off the cob. Repeat with each ear then add to the pasta salad. Top with the prepared dressing and toss to completely coat.
Serving: 0.5cups | Calories: 409kcal | Carbohydrates: 55.8g | Protein: 9.6g | Fat: 17.9g | Cholesterol: 6.9mg | Sodium: 515mg | Fiber: 3.8g | Sugar: 8.4g