Tropical Kale Smoothie
This tropical kale smoothie, or "tropi-kale" smoothie is full of fruits like pineapple and banana and packed with lots of healthy kale, protein and fiber. It's great to balance blood sugar first thing in the morning and keep you full until lunch.
Servings: 1 large smoothie
- ½ frozen banana
- ½ cup frozen pineapple
- 2 cups fresh kale washed, stemmed and chopped
- ½ cup dairy free milk more or less depending on how thick you like it
- 1 tablespoon nut butter optional
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds optional
- 1 serving vanilla protein powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger optional
Add the kale and nut milk to a high-speed blender and blend on high until completely combined and the texture resembles a green milk.
Add the rest of the ingredients and blend on high until the smoothie is thick and creamy. Add more milk as needed to adjust the consistency to your liking.
- Meal prep: Fill a plastic bags or stashr bag with all of the ingredients, except the milk. Pour the prepared ingredients into the blender and add milk when you're ready. You can also make the smoothie from start to finish and freeze it in an ice cube tray. Just add the cubes to the blender with more milk and blend!
Serving: 269g | Carbohydrates: 58.7g | Protein: 6.8g | Fat: 3.1g | Sodium: 200mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 32g