Gluten free scones 4 ways
These gluten free scones are the perfect healthy breakfast option. Make them with chocolate chips, lemon poppy seed, blueberry or almond depending what you're in the mood for! They're made with almond flour, cassava flour and they come together in one bowl!
Servings: 8 scones
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup cassava flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil room temperature
- 1/4 cup grass fed butter 4 tablespoons , cold (could use room temp palm oil shortening)
- 1/2 cup full fat canned coconut milk shaken
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Blueberry: 1 1/2 cups of fresh blueberries
- Chocolate Chip: 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Lemon poppy seed: zest from 1 lemon, 3 tablespoons lemon juice and 3 teaspoons poppy seeds
- Vanilla almond: 1 teaspoon almond extract and 1/2 cup almond slivers
Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
Add all main scone ingredients to the bowl of a food processor and blend until completely combined, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
For lemon poppyseed scones: Add the lemon zest and poppyseed to the bowl of the food processor and blend again until combined.
For vanilla almond cones: add vanilla extract to scones and blend again until combined. Add slivered almonds and stir in by hand with rubber spatula.
For blueberry or chocolate chip scones: add blueberries or chocolate chips to the dough and stir by hand with a rubber spatula to combine.
Once ingredients are mixed in, dump the dough out onto prepared baking sheet and form into a circle 2 inches high and about 8 inches in diameter. The dough will be a little wet and sticky, this is normal. Bake scones in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes until scones are set.
Allow to cool and eat immediately or store in an air tight container for up to one week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Serving: 1scone | Calories: 248kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 18.5g | Cholesterol: 38mg | Sodium: 178mg | Sugar: 14g