Hot chocolate on a stick
This DIY Hot Chocolate on a Stick is the perfect Christmas gift or drink to warm up on a cold winter night. Complete with a video and free label printable, this recipe has everything you need to make the best Hot Chocolate on a Stick. It's made with BAKER'S Dark Chocolate Chunks, cocoa powder, vanilla, sea salt and your favorite milk — that's it!
- 18 oz BAKER'S Chocolate Dark Chocolate Chunks Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips or
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces of your choice of dairy free milk I used almond milk
- Sea salt candy canes, mini marshmallows or extra chocolate, to top sticks
- Whipped cream to top hot chocolate optional ( I used coconut whipped cream)
On a double boiler, melt the chocolate until smooth. Stir in your cocoa powder, vanilla and salt.
Fill a plastic piping bag with the melted chocolate mixture and cut the tip off. Pipe the chocolate into an ice cube mold or mini muffin tins. Top each mold with sea salt, candy canes, mini marshmallows or chocolate.
Place lollipop sticks or popsicles sticks into each mold. You may need to place them in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to set a bit so the sticks stay upright.
Transfer molds to the refrigerator to set completely, at least 30 minutes.
Wrap and gift to a friend for Christmas or serve yourself.
To serve, warm 12 ounces of milk over the stove or in the microwave until just boiling. Add the hot chocolate on a stick and stir until completely dissolved. Top with whipped cream and serve with more chocolate chunks, or crushed candy cane.