Pumpkin pecan cobbler [gluten free, dairy free]
This pumpkin cobbler recipe is a fall and Thanksgiving dessert filled with flavor. It's gluten free and dairy free, filled with pumpkin spice and topped with pecans. And it's easy to make!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time40 mins
Total Time55 mins
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- OR 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup pumpkin pure
- 1/4 cup dairy free milk (I used cashew)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cups very hot water
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray an 8 inch baking pan with non stick spray and set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the gluten free flour, baking powder, salt, coconut sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves. Set aside.
In a separate small bowl, stir together the pumpkin, dairy free milk, melted coconut oil, and vanilla to combine. Pour the wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir gently, until combined. The batter will be very thick. Add batter to the prepared pan and spread evenly to the edges, smoothing the top into an even layer.
Next, prepare the topping. In a small bowl, stir together the coconut sugar, maple syrup, cinnamon and pecans. Spread evenly on top of the batter in the pan.
Gently pour the hot water evenly over the top. Do not stir.
Carefully transfer the pan to the preheated oven. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the middle is just set. Remove from the oven and let cool 5-10 minutes. Serve warm, topped with dairy free vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.