Slow cooker sweet potato beef stew
This slow cooker sweet potato beef stew is made with sweet potatoes and chuck roast. It's an easy, comfort food that's healthy too! Throw everything in the crock pot so the veggies soften and the meat falls apart.
- 2.5 pound chuck roast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or coconut oil
- sea salt
- 8 ounces Bella mushrooms sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion sliced
- 4 medium carrots peeled and sliced
- 3 celery stalks cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 medium sweet potatoes skinned and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 ⅓ cups beef broth or bone broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh or dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire
Spray slow cooker with cooking spray. Place mushrooms, onion, carrots, celery and sweet potatoes in the bottom of the slow cooker.
Season the cuck roast with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Brown roast on all sides (about 20 seconds per side) and place on top of veggies.
Combine beef broth, thyme, rosemary and Worcestershire in a small bowl. Pour the mixture over meat and vegetables.
Close the slow cooker lid and cook on low for 10 hours. Remove lid and shred beef (it should fall apart easily) then mix well.
Serve immediately. Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to one week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Serving: 1.5cups | Calories: 411kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 8g | Sodium: 64mg | Sugar: 4g