Blood Orange Margaritas
Sweet and tart blood orange margaritas are the perfect drink recipe to get your fiesta going for cinco de mayo!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
- Blood Orange Simple Syrup:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup blood orange juice about 4 blood oranges
- Blood Orange Margaritas:
- 1 1/2 cup blood orange simple syrup
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 16 ounces triple sec or any orange liquor
- 16 ounces high-quality tequila
- garnish: lime salt, blood orange wedges
Blood Orange Simple Syrup: Combine the sugar, water, and blood orange juice over medium heat. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Take off the burner and let cool.
Blood Orange Margaritas: In a blender, add the blood orange simple syrup, lime juice, orange liquor and tequila and mix until combined, about 30 seconds (add ice cubes to your desired consistency if you like them frozen). Then pour in a salt rimmed glass filled with ice. Garnish with lime wedges or blood oranges and enjoy!