Okay, guys. Our no-bake protein energy snack love continues!
After making our chocolate peanut butter no bake energy bites about 1 million times I decided it was time to try a new recipe. I thought it would be great to make a fun and festive fall edition using pumpkin (duh)! I also decided to attempt to make these into bars rather than roll them into balls.
Like the many other energy bites out these, these require no oven or baking whatsoever. They’re packed with delicious flavor and so many great textures and they’re made with little to no effort.
Like today, didn’t eat breakfast because somehow I ran out of time (and energy). I blame it on my optimism. I always think I have more time than I do. Then somehow I’m running out the door with my seventeen workbags, a coffee cup in one hand and occasionally a piece of toast with peanut butter. Which clearly didn’t happen today. If I had more of these tasty bars I could have thrown it in a bag and one of my bags and ate it at the office.
- 1 cup dates packed
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup dry old-fashioned rolled
- 1 cup coconut flakes not shredded coconut, chopped
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- In a food processor, combine the dates, honey, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, and salt and pule until smooth and combined.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, coconut and pumpkin seeds. Add the date mixture and stir until combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a 12x12 baking pan lined with parchment paper and press evenly into pan. Place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Cut and serve!
Leave a Reply