In one of my Friday Finds posts I mentioned a sweet and savory hummus that I fell in love with and wanted to try. But because this month all I can think about is pumpkin everything, I decided to go that route.
When 1 am rolled around Molly and I were racing home after a fun night, but Molly's mom caught us trying to sneak back in. This is where the flaw in the plan happened. We didn't discuss what we were gonna say when her mom drilled us and we totally got busted.
One of my other favorite things about fall are figs. For some reason I've been having trouble finding fresh figs this season. But it's okay, because this epic recipe doesn't need them! Fresh or dried, the figs add a sweetness to the hummus that makes such a tasty difference. Oh and anything with pumpkin pie spice is blog worthy.
- 2 cans garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
- 1-15 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 5 dried figs
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 cup warm water
- Cinnamon and maple syrup for garnish
- Soak the dried figs for a few minutes in the warm water to soften them.
- Add water, figs, and pumpkin to your food processor. (I can't live without my Vitamix!)
- Once smooth, add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth*.
- Serve with Cinnamon Sugar Pita Chips and ENJOY!
- *Note: If you're hummus is not blending easily, add some water to adjust the thickness.
Leave a Reply