This cinnamon roll cheesecake is an easy and creative recipe packed with cinnamon flavor! The base is a giant cinnamon roll made with pre-made cinnamon rolls and the top is a no bake cheesecake recipe that you pour on top and chill until firm.
Is there any better way to start a Tuesday than with cheesecake? This is my encouragement to you saying you can make it through this work week! A Tuesday pick-me-up in the form of cheesecake and cinnamon rolls is all you need.
For some reason I grew up not liking cheesecake very much. I would eat it if it was the only option but I would never request it or choose it from the menu at a restaurant. My fiance, on the other hand, used to request it for his birthday from his mom every year.
When we met I figured there was no better time than now to start loving (and making) cheesecake. And if you haven't noticed by these mini cheesecake bites , I'm a huge fan of no-bake cheesecake. Any easy recipe that's basically fool proof!
I know you've probably heard of cinnamon cheesecake, but have you heard of cinnamon roll cheesecake?
The roll part is what makes these cinnamon rolls so unique!
The base of this recipe is actually a cinnamon roll! It's a giant cinnamon roll to be exact. Here's how it's done!
Start with pre-made cinnamon rolls. Open the package and take one of the cinnamon rolls out and place it in the center of a springform pan. From there, you're going to unroll the rest of the cinnamon rolls as you wrap it around the center one in the pan. If the rolls are stuck together too much and don't unravel easily use a knife to follow the swirl to help the process. Start the unraveling by pinching the stat of the roll in your hand with the end of the dough in the pan. Unwrap it as you create one giant roll in the bottom of the pan. Check out the video below for easy directions!
You bake the cinnamon rolls as directed on the package and remove and let cool completely. Once cooled, make the cheesecake and pour it on top! Smooth and chill for 4 hours to set! I mixed the pre-packaged icing with a little extra cinnamon and drizzled it in top.
If you want to make this ahead of time it works perfectly! Just chill overnight and you have a delicious cinnamon roll cheesecake on demand when you need it. You could also make homemade cinnamon rolls if you're feeling ambitious. I recommend waiting to add the cinnamon icing drizzle just before serving!
Cut into square or triangles for bigger pieces. And if you're feeling really ambitious you could totally eat this for breakfast. It's cinnamon rolls after all, right?
That's how you make it go down on a Tuesday!
- 1 package pre-made cinnamon rolls
- 32 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1.5 tablespoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon gelatin
- cinnamon drizzle:
- pre-made icing
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a circular springform pan with cookie spray. Open the package and take one of the cinnamon rolls out and place it in the center of a springform pan. Unroll one of the cinnamon rolls and wrap it around the center one in the pan. If the rolls are stuck together too much and don't unravel easily use a knife to follow the swirl to help the process. Start the unraveling by pinching the start of the roll in your hand with the end of the dough in the pan. Unwrap each it as you create one giant roll in the bottom of the pan. Check out the video below for easy directions.
- Bake the cinnamon rolls as directed on the package and remove and let cool completely.
- Once cooled, make the cheesecake. Beat the cream cheese on high using a handheld mixer or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Add the sugar and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Warm the milk for 2 minutes in the microwave then dissolve the gelatin in it for 5 minutes. Pour the milk into the cream cheese and beat on high until smooth. Pour over cooled cinnamon rolls and smooth out top. Chill for 4 hours.
- Before serving, mix the pre-made icing with one teaspoon of cinnamon and drizzle over cheesecake if desired.