Banana bread will always be one of my number one favorite baked goods. And this banana bread recipe is made with lots and lots of swirls of Nutella. It’s super moist and soft and practically melts in your mouth. The Nutella swirls look gorgeous but they taste even better!
Banana bread is one of those recipes that brings me back to my childhood. I would always order banana bread with fruit for lunch in the summers at our pool. Whenever I have a piece or make a loaf it takes me right back to those moments!
I used to eat the plain old banana bread and sometimes warm it up with a dollop of butter. People! There are few things greater in life than warm banana bread smothered with butter in the morning with a cup of coffee.
When I got older and started to fall in love with baking I started to experiment with flavors in my banana bread like blueberries and chocolate chips.
The other day I had 4 very ripe bananas in my pantry and if I didn’t use them that day they would be too ripe to use. So naturally I had to make banana bread.
Very ripe bananas are perfect for this banana bread. They mush really easily and give the bread that delicious moisture.
When I was grabbing the bananas I spotted the jar of Nutella that I used to make these Nutella brownies and the wheels started tuning.
Nutella swirled banana bread.
Just look at all those chocolate hazelnut swirls!! ? Heart eye emojis for days.
I didn’t just add the swirls on top, though, I swirled it in the middle too! Little chocolate surprises when you cut into this banana bread! Delicious, melty and gooey chocolate surprises.
It’s a wonderful thing.
The Nutella is pretty thick right out of the jar so my trick is popping it in the microwave for about 20 seconds. This doesn’t make it runny and drippy, but just soft enough that it easily swirls into the banana bread batter.
You pour half the batter in the loaf pan, then swirl half the Nutella. Then pour the other half of the banana bread batter and swirl the rest of the Nutella on top.
I made this recipe twice in one week because it was that good! Go get yo swirl on my friends! ?
- 2 Cups of Flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 4 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 Eggs
- ½ Cup butter, melted
- ½ Cup of Sugar
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Cup Nutella, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a standard sized loaf pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In large bowl, with a stand mixer or hand mixer, beat bananas, eggs, butter and sugar and extract. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Melt Nutella in microwave for approximately 20 seconds to soften slightly.
- Pour half the banana bread batter into the loaf pan. Using ½ cup Nutella, dollop spoonfuls on top of batter, swirl with a knife. Pour the rest of the banana bread batter on top and repeat swirl process with the rest of the Nutella.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted to center comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes then remove to cool the rest on a backing rack.