These flourless peanut butter cookies are made in less than 20 minutes! They don’t include any flour so they’re gluten free, plus there’s no butter in this recipe either. You will love how delicious they are!
Back to your regularly scheduled posting! If you checked out the red, white and blueberry popsicles I posted yesterday you like read about the fact that my life has been crazy these last couple of weeks. We moved into our new house and I didn’t have time to thoroughly test my recipes and take all the pictures.
Luckily I had some free time over the weekend and I was able to make a few recipes, including these flourless peanut butter cookies!
I’ve had these on my list of recipes to make for a while. For multiple reasons: they don’t include flour or butter and they are mostly made with peanut butter! Who else love peanut butter recipes as much as me?! My favorite is peanut butter and jelly blondies and I’m sharing a no church PB ice cream in a few days that was the bomb.
I loved these flourless peanut butter cookies so much I’m making them again this weekend for 4th of July festivities. I’m heading to a golf outing on Saturday (not playing, unfortunately, but taking pics which is still fun) in Cleveland. Then my big sis (and MOH) is due with her first baby on Monday!
She’s having a boy and her due date is Monday but if she doesn’t have him by Friday they’re scheduling an induction time. Needless to say, I have a feeling I’m going to have a very eventful weekend!
What are you up to this weekend?! I want to hear what your plans are and what you plan on making for 4th of July! I’m looking for a few more recipes to celebrate my new nephew in addition to the flourless peanut butter cookies so I’d love to hear what you have planned!
The reason I’m specifically making these flourless peanut butter cookies is because my mom is gluten free. She’s been battling severe arthritis for years and reducing the amount of gluten she eats has helped reduce imflamation in her joints.
Like myself, my mom is a huge peanut butter and cookie fan so these cookies are a no brainer. Are you or do you have any family members that are gluten free? I want to hear about you and your fam! If so, I’ve got quite a few gluten free recipes. I also love experimenting with gluten free recipes so if you have any recipe recommendations send them over!
A lot of times people equate gluten free with healthy so I’ve gotten a lot of questions on whether these cookies are healthy or not.
Are flourless peanut butter cookies healthy?
Healthy is a relative term, in my opinion. Health means something different for me because I have different goals and body needs. That said, are flourless peanut butter cookies healthy? Flourless peanut butter cookies are healthier than a typical cookie because they don’t include the butter or flour.
They are a great cookie recipe because they fit into so many people’s lifestyles, especially gluten free friends! One of the many reasons I love them.
Another reason I love them? They’re super simple to make. You only need one mixing bowl to make these flourless peanut butter cookies happen. There are minimal steps, but I always love sharing exactly how each recipe is made!
How to make flourless peanut butter cookies:
- Cream brown sugar, granulated sugar and peanut butter in the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment until light and creamy, 2-3 minutes.
- Add the baking soda, salt, vanilla and egg and beat until combined
- Roll into tablespoon sized balls and push down slightly with the back of your fork to make a criss cross pattern
- Bake at 350°F for 7-9 minutes. Cool on rack for 2 minutes then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy all the flourless peanut butter cookies!
That’s really all it takes! Four steps and less than 10 minutes of baking and you have flourless peanut butter cookies ready to serve. I mentioned this earlier, but I made no church peanut butter ice cream last week and I used these cookies to make ice cream sandwiches! They were epic.
That ice cream may have to make an appearance in my 4th of July festivities too. Hope you all have the best week and a great holiday weekend!🇺🇸
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (I used JIF Natural Peanut Butter)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- In a large bowl with your hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the peanut butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar together on high speed until creamy and smooth, 2-3 minutes. Add the egg, vanilla, baking soda and salt and mix until combined.
- Using a heaping tablespoon, roll dough into balls and place on prepared baking sheet approximately 2 inches apart. Gently smash the dough with the back of a fork in a criss cross shape. Bake cookies 7-9 minutes being careful not to overbake.
- Remove cookies from oven and allow to cool on baking sheet for two minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE!? SNAP A PIC AND TAG @WHAT_MOLLYMADE AND USE #WHATMOLLYMADE!
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pays me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting What Molly Made!