Smooth, creamy and nutty Amaretto Hot Chocolate that warms your soul.
This recipe is so simple. You dump all of the ingredients in the crock pot, stir and let it all get very happy for two hours. This stuff is the real deal. No extras or crazy ingredients. Just a little almond extract to add some depth. I’ve been crazy obsessed with almond the last couple of months. Hence the almond shortbread cookies and homemade almond buttercream. The nutty flavor is a simple addition that takes this cocoa to the next level.
The greatest part is there is nothing gourmet about making it. It’s so easy! You just mix these six ingredients in the slow cooker:
- heavy cream
- sweetened condensed milk
- chocolate chips
- almond extract
- vanilla extract
- 8 cups milk
- 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- whipped cream, marshmallows, chocolate sauce, optional
- Add everything to the slow cooker and stir. Cook on low for two hours, stirring every fifteen minutes.
- Serve hot with whipped cream, marshmallows or chocolate sauce.