Buffalo chicken casserole is an easy dinner recipe. It freezes well and it’s full of the classic buffalo dip ingredients including hot sauce, potatoes, chicken and ranch.
When it comes to buffalo chicken, I love it in all forms. Dips, spreads and casseroles.
I’ve been making buffalo chicken dip in the crock pot for parties and football games for years. The dip usually lasts a total of 20 minutes max before it’s long gone. I made it a couple years for a Super Bowl party and it disappeared before kick off.
But why must we be limited to parties and gatherings for an excuse to devour the famous flavors? We mustn’t! Queue the buffalo chicken casserole.
Simply add all of the delicious ingredients (plus a few extras!) in the traditional dip into a casserole dish, bake, and you have a hearty and comforting meal that will feed your family and make everyone happy!
Living along like myself? It freezes perfectly. I like to store individual servings in plastic bags to quickly throw in the oven for an easy weeknight meal.
My favorite part about buffalo chicken is the creaminess and the kick of heat. I’ll be the first to admit I don’t handle spice well. I put just enough to give it a kick, but not enough so my tongue burns off.
My boyfriend, on the other hand, loves anything spicy and puts red pepper flakes on anything and everything. The more buffalo the better for him. If you’re more like him, by all means add as much buffalo sauce as you want!
The hash browns give this recipe depth and makes it hearty enough to stand alone as a meal. My favorite part is that it’s so easy. And so economical. You can feed the whole family for dinner and then some for a great price. Or in my case, feed yourself for a week.
- 1½ pounds chicken, cubed
- ¾ cup ranch dressing
- ¾ cup buffalo sauce (more if you like spice)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 pound shredded frozen hash browns
- 2 cups cheddar cheese cheese, divided
- chives, optional
- Preheat oven 375 degrees. Grease 9x13 casserole dish with cookie spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine hash browns, ranch dressing, buffalo sauce, soup and 1 cup cheddar cheese and mix well. Cube chicken and mix well.
- Dump casserole ingredients into casserole dish, cover with foil and bake for 1 hours. Uncover and add remaining cheese on top. Bake for an additional 15 minutes until melted and bubbly. Garnish with chopped chives if desired.
- Allow to cool slightly before cutting.
- Keep in an air tight container in the refrigerator up to a week or in the freezer for up to two months.
If you like this recipe, give us a virtual high five by following us on Instagram and tagging #BestsAndBites if you make it!