We’re at the end of 2017! And what a year it’s been. I’ve had SO many milestone moments happen in my life, both personally and professionally. And I am so grateful.
I’m feeling overwhelmed with gratitude for every single person that’s been a part of this whole WMM journey (even if you made one recipe!) and for all of my family and friends for supporting me, loving me and just being there.
I love doing these reflections/recaps because I can look back and see what happened and be reminded of all of the blessings. So without further ado. Let’s do a quick life recap to see what’s happened:)
I had a big year personally:
- Right at the beginning of the year, January 28th to be exact, Zach purposed the day we moved in together. I love looking back on that engagement post to relive it.
- We planned and booked our first big trip to Ireland with two of our dear friends. It was the first time we’ve been out of the country besides Mexico. These 8 things were the highlight of our trip.
- We love to travel so we did a ton of weekend trips this year like St. Louis, Branson, Estes Park (Colorado) and Frankenmuth (aka Christmas wonderland).
- Another huge thing! WE BOUGHT A HOUSE. In a suburb. With a yard to be mowed and leaves to be raked. We’re such adults.
- We gained another nephew! Which brings our total to 3. AKA 3 ring bearers in the wedding. Scroll down to see a pic of how cute they are!
- I put my two weeks in at a job I was at for nearly three years and started a new role as the Senior Manager of Marketing at another company. Change is scary, but good.
- And most importantly, I continued to grow my relationship with God. Our church in Columbus and our church family have played a vital role in helping Zach and I grow individually and as a couple and He is the foundation of everything we do.
I had a big year for What Molly Made too:
- Over 1M of you visited my corner of the internet. WOAH. I hope every recipe, post and thought made a positive impact.
- I connected with food bloggers in real life at the Everything Food Conference. There’s just something special about being in a room with hundreds of people that just get you. That love what you love. That understand your grind and passion. And that get excited about the same things, like photography and food and recipes and social media.
- I also had the chance to speak at the conference. This was a total step outside of my comfort zone, but so cool! I talked about social media and social strategies.
- At that conference I met some awesome mentors and started guest blogging for both of them: Oh Sweet Basil and The Stay at Home Chef. I share one recipe a month on each site.
- I shared whopping 118 posts! WHAT?! A few were life updates about travel and the wedding but most were recipes. I’m guessing like 105 new recipes.
- I also wrote and sold an ebook! I did a ton of research on google and pinterest for historic data and trends to figure out what flavors were popular for each month. I also took a lot of the knowledge I gained from being a social media strategist for 3 years to analyze and nail down a Pinterest strategy that 10x my traffic on Pinterest in less than a year. Without any extra work! Pinterest for Food Bloggers is such a great resource for other bloggers, but the strategies are the same no matter what kind of blogger or business owner you are.
- I had the chance to work with some really awesome brands like Vital Proteins, Crazy Richards Peanut Butter, Butterfinger and more. I’m so grateful for these brands support me and what I love to do.
- I started a photography business on the side and took some fun engagement pictures and anniversary pictures and did a styled wedding shoot. I’ve got a few weddings and more engagement pictures coming up in 2018!
- I made my buckeye dip on live tv for the first time!
- My sweet fiance bought me a new camera for my birthday and I’m obsessed. I upgraded from the Canon T5i to the Canon 5d mark iii.
What’s Coming for both in 2018:
- Lots of healthy recipes! I did a reader poll in the summer and so many of you responded saying you want mostly healthy recipes with some not-so-healthy recipes once in a while. I also did a poll on Instagram a few weeks ago and go the same result. Ask and you shall receive! Lot’s of healthy breakfast, dessert and snack recipes coming your way!
- I’ll be sharing more lifestyle updates in addition to recipes. Of course I’ll be sharing wedding details, but I’ll also be sharing healthy and self care posts like my morning routine.
- My goal is to do more video tutorials to go with my recipes and start doing cooking videos on youtube! What do you think?!
- I’ll be creating more tips and free downloads like my cookie tips to help you perfect your baking.
- I’ll be serving my email list like a boss with tons of exclusive recipes, tips and freebies. If you want in don’t forget to sign up!
- I’m going to continue to share my knowledge with other bloggers about social media, photography and SEO through more ebooks, courses and email lists. If you’re an entrepreneur as well you should sign up for this list too!
- And the biggest thing to happen in 2018: OUR WEDDING!! We still have some things left to play so stay tuned for more wedding updates.
- We’re getting a puppy in July right after our wedding!
- We have a few home projects planned like ripping up our carpet for hardwood and potentially renovating our kitchen and/or bathrooms.
There’s a lot happening coming up and I can’t wait to see what 2018 brings! To kick off the new year and spend some quality time with family and genuinely rest I’m going to be taking about 2 weeks off from WMM starting Jan 3 – Jan 19. Happy New Year!
As promised, here are our nephews! From youngest to oldest….